A simple and seasonal dessert, best served when chilled.
Recipe of Mango Custard (Serves 3)
1 medium sized mango
1.5 cups full cream milk
3 tbsp sugar
4 tsp custard powder
0.5 tsp finely chopped pistachios
1. Peel, deseed and cut the mango into medium sized pieces. Using a mixer, make a pulp out of these pieces.
2. Keep around 2 tbsp milk in a bowl. Add custard powder and mix well. The resultant mixture should be homogeneous in nature, without any lumps.
3. Boil the remaining milk on high heat. Lower the gas.
4. Add sugar and custard powder mixture. Mix well. Let it simmer till it thickens and firmly coats the back of the spoon upon testing.
5. Add the mango pulp. Mix well. Switch off the gas after 1 minute.
6. Let the custard cool for around 30 minutes.
7. Transfer the custard into 3 serving bowls or cups.
8. Garnish each of them with some chopped pistachios at the centre.
9. Cover their surface and refrigerate for approximately 1 hour.
10. Take out the chilled dessert and enjoy.
Note: Before refrigerating, you can also add some finely chopped mango chunks to the custard.