The second wave of the ongoing pandemic resulted into temporary closure of dining units of hotels & restaurants, which are now thankfully re-opening albeit for fixed hours.
However, many of them still continue to serve their loyal patrons by providing home delivery service of their signature specialities, the usual frequently ordered items and immunity booster food & beverages.
But The Stadel has gone one step further and designed two fixed menus of popular items that an average diner chooses to pick from a buffet table. One menu is vegetarian and the other is non-vegetarian.
This menu is called Buffet at Home. It’s delivered from 12 noon to 7 pm. The delivery is free for destinations situated within 7 km of The Stadel.
Soon after these menus were launched, I placed an order for the Vegetarian Buffet.
The entire buffet came neatly packed in a sturdy box and comprised of the following items –
– Veg Spring Roll and Pudina Tandoori Aloo (4 pcs each): Both the Oriental and Indian starters were well cooked and tasted nice.
– Paneer Butter Masala, Aloo Do Pyaza and Dal Makhani (150 gms each): All the dal and sabjis were quite rich in preparation and slightly spicy. They tasted good.
– Lachcha Paratha (2 pcs): The parathas were flour based and relatively thick. They tasted average.
– Peas Pulao and Veg Biryani (500 gms each): The pulao was rather simple in preparation with scarce peas but the biryani was quite aromatic and laden with vegetables. Both the rice preparations tasted nice.
– Green Salad and Mixed Raita (150 gms each): The salad was fresh. The raita was average. It well complimented the biryani.
– Pantua and Chocolate Brownie (2 pcs each): Both the Indian and western desserts tasted excellent. They were well cooked/baked and well complimented the entire meal.
– Water Bottle (2 pcs of 200 ml each)
Though the buffet was supposedly meant for 2 people, it was quite sufficient for 4 meagre eaters or 3 normal ones.
It was quite amusing that we just dialled a number and an entire spread of all popular veg items was on our table within 45 minutes, which we merrily enjoyed as a family in the cosy confines of our home and that too at a reasonable cost!
Price of Vegetarian Buffet: Rs. 899/-
Contact Numbers: 9874426755 / 9163753600
Note: It was a paid meal and not something sent to me for tasting & review.