Ammini is a considerably small South-Indian restaurant with limited but all comprehensive menu and authentic taste.
Sometime back two of us enjoyed there a hearty meal comprising of –
– Idly & Vada (Rs. 100/-): They came accompanied with Sambhar and we had to choose 2 out of 3 chutneys.
We opted for White Chutney which was made of coconut & green chilli and Ulli Chamandi which was a spicy onion chutney.
The idli was soft and vada was crisp. The sambhar was a tad bit too flavorsome. The chutneys were nice. Overall the dish tasted good.
– Extra Idiappam (Rs. 60/-): Since we already had enough chutneys on the table, we ordered a string hopper as well.
It was soft and quite well made.
– Malabar Parotta With Veg Korma (Rs. 260/-): We loved the well cooked flaky Parotta. The Veg Korma tasted average with strong flavors of spices.
– Unniyappam (Rs. 150/-): 4 sweet fried rice based dumplings sweetened with banana and jaggery served as the perfect dessert to our meal.
– Filter Coffee (Rs. 90/-): How can you exit an authentic South Indian restaurant without ending the meal with a cup of their filter coffee?
We loved the hot coffee.
Average Pricing For Two: Rs. 500/-
Timing: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm (Mon – Sun)
22/1C Manoharpukur Road, Deshapriya Park, Kolkata 700 096.
Phone: +91 8100116769