When vegetarian food is devoid of even any by-product of an animal or better still any living creature, it is called vegan food.
In layman’s term we can say that vegetarian food devoid of dairy based products is vegan food.
Veganism is on a perpetual rise since last few years. It happens to be one of the current fads amongst the food enthusiasts.
So, from quite a while I was itching to bake something vegan, as all of my bakes till date have used one or the other form of dairy (milk, butter, cheese).
Yesterday, finally I nailed down a vegan recipe, combining a couple of my old recipes along with some tweaks therein.
The result was a batch of yummy Vegan Choco Banana Muffins. Of course they differed slightly in taste and texture than my usual muffins, but still they looked good, were wholesome and tasted nice. Plus now I have a nice dessert to bake for my lactose intolerant friends.
The recipe (Makes 6 pieces) –
2 medium sized bananas
2 cups (maida)
4 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup cooking oil
3/4 cup water
For dusting –
2 tbsp flour (maida)
1.5 tbsp cooking oil
1. Preheat oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
2. Peel and mash well the bananas using the back of a spoon.
3. Add sugar and oil. Mix well till it becomes a homogeneous mixture.
4. Add all the other remaining ingredients except water and walnuts and mix.
5. Add water gradually and mix again for 2-3 minutes.
6. Grease and dust the muffin moulds with oil and flour respectively.
7. Pour the muffin batter evenly in each muffin. Ensure that 1/4 of each muffin moulds is empty from the top, so that the muffins don’t pour out upon rising in the oven.
8. Slice each walnut into 6 pieces. Arrange 4 pieces at the centre of the batter inside each muffin mould.
9. Bake at 180°C for around 35 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean, then the baking is done.
10. Take the muffins out of the oven and place them to cool over a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
11. Take the muffins out of each mould by scraping slightly from the sides.
12. The muffins are ready to eat.
13. You can also pair them with assorted ice creams and fruits. I loved pairing them with vanilla ice cream and mango cubes.
2 Comments Add yours
Great post 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person